zondag 13 oktober 2013

Crisp

Last week I came to know that this weeks challenge at CAS-ology blog is to make a card with the word "Crisp" in your thoughts.
At first I only could think of fresh and cool air, just as you can feel in Autumn.
But than I got the idea of asking my family. My daughter thought of snow, and my son thought of crispy chips :)
Finally I went to a dictionary, because I am dutch, and wanted to get a good understanding of the word "Crisp" ! And there I got a whole new understanding of this word! First the dutch word and than the word again in english, wich is so much fun!
Crisp can be:
1. Kroes=woolly, fuzzy ,curlly, mug, cub.
    Gerimpeld=wrinkly, crinkly, rippling, ruffling
2. Bros,Knapperig=crisp, brittle(glas) friable(steen)
3. Knerpend, knisterend= snow, crunch, creack
4. Fris,opwekkend= fresh, cool,air, exiting, stimulating
5. Scherp=sharp- knife,features,tongue,photo,outline
6. Energiek,levendig,krachtig,pittig=
    energetic,dynamic,lively,vivid,strong,crisp.

So, you can say, I learned a lot! And when you read this, you got a lesson too! Once a teacher, always a teacher :)
And now my card!


I stayed with my first impression: cool, fresh air,a clear sky with a bright moon.
The design is not my own. I saw such before on internet.Tthe stamps I used are all Hero Arts.
You can read more about the challenge here:
http://casology.blogspot.nl/
Hope you liked it!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 opmerkingen:

  1. It truly is a "crisp" card and lovely.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Well, I look at this and see some pretty crisp masking! Love the depth of colour and the googly eyes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. beautiful take on the cue word... your little scene just says "crisp"! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I agree, there is nothing as crisp as the cold night air! Great clean masking (that's crisp, too) and so is your lovely white card base! So glad you joined in the fun at CAology!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Gorgeous take on the cue - a crisp night and crisp masking! And thanks for sharing your dictionery finds! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. This is one perfectly crisp clean and simple card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thanks for the lesson! :) Love it when someone goes beyond the most common meaning for a word and finds something new!!!
    Your card is adorable and I love those little owls in the crisp night sky! Perfect for the challenge!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. You are one of the Honorable Winner on the CASology challenge blog dear Leni..congrats and I just find your blog again...hope you are doing well...wie geht es dir...ist bei dir auch so kalt wie in Munich? Hier sind es 7 Grad in der früh morgen...schoenen Abend noch...Liebe Grüße. Monika

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Adorable card, Leni! And fun lesson, too! I saw your card in the Honorable Mention gallery at CASology (congratulations!!) and had to come and meet you!! Darnell

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Congratulations on your honorable mention! Your card is just fabulous!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Congratulations on your honorable mention. Your card truly looks like a wintry night..cool and crisp. It's beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen