dinsdag 21 juli 2015

In my garden

Although our garden is small, sometimes very special things can be seen here.
As last sunday..... I saw a very, for me, strange creature. Of course I ran to get my camera. And this is what I saw.


I was wondering: Is it a hummingbird or an insect? A butterfly? After some research on internet I found it is a "Kolibrie-vlinder". A hummingbirdbutterfly. In spring it comes to the Netherlands from the south of Europe. And in late summer it goes back.
Is that wonderful,or what?!
You can read more about it here:
http://www.natuurbericht.nl/?id=14064
I never saw such a creature here before, and I loved this experience.
Thanks for visiting

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 opmerkingen:

  1. How lucky for you to capture it on film, Leni! I've seen something similar in our gardens sometimes, but nowhere near as pretty as this one!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow, how cool is that! I have never seen it before, either! So glad that you captured it, Leni!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen