zondag 28 februari 2016

Groningen

My last blogpost was already months ago. So now I decided it was more than time for a new blogpost! And because my job for the moment ( a job as a substitute teacher) takes a lot of my time and attention, I think it would be nice to share some photo's of a little outing we last had. My husband and I went to the northern part of our country, to Groningen.


The tower is the "Martini" tower. It is wellknown in the Netherlands. It is the tower of a church, but what I like most of it is the little house at the foot of that tower. It is a sexton's house, now used as a restaurant.


And look at these houses, aren't they beautiful?!


I never before visited Groningen. So for me everthing was new, and I loved it! Lovely stores and squares.





And fine restaurants. What do you think of this one? It is more like a monument!


Hope you enjoyed your visit and little tour through the city centre of Groningen.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos, Leni! I miss seeing your posts and cards. The place that you went looks amazing. I miss my time in Amsterdam and wish to visit more of your country ... I can dream about it! Take good care and don't work too hard (wink!).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I too love your country, though it's been years and years since I've visited. Hopefully you'll keep sharing it with us until we can see it for real again! Groningen looks lovely!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. love seeing your post Leni - enjoyed the pictures of your trip - maybe someday I'll get to visit your country

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen